To celebrate winter in August we are hosting a potjiekos competition on Saturday 17 August! What better way to warm up the belly than a bona-fide home-made bowl of potjiekos? If you think you make a great potjie, this one is for you! And if you just prefer to eat the potjie… this one is for you too!
How it works
- Potjiekos- making teams may consist of between 2 and 5 people at a cost of R500 per team
- The competition starts at 8:30; food/ potjiekos to be ready at 12pm
- Our panel of potjiekos experts will select the top three teams who will win amazing prizes
- Bowls of potjiekos are then for sale to “tasters” at R100 for 3 bowls together with our famous home-made bread
Piggly Wiggly will provide teams with:
- Firewood, fire station, firelighters and matches
- Ingredients (meat, vegetables and stock)
Teams must bring:
- Cooking utensils
- Serving spoon/ladle
- Potjie pot
- Seasoning, spices, stock and any other special or secret ingredients
- Table cloth
- Team names, themes and decorating of stations is encouraged!
If your mouth waters at the sound of potjiekos, tickets will be sold at R100 per person for three tasting bowls and our famous homemade bread! Enjoy it on our beautiful grounds while listening to live music! We can’t think of a better way to enjoy a winter’s day in the Midlands.
For more information or to enter a team, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or (072) 251 3513