Winter days in the Midlands are something really special and lend themselves to spending quality time with family and friends. We love the crisp, chilly early mornings that gently morph into warm sunny days, followed once again by cold evenings which are perfect for gathering around a roaring fire with loved ones. And we’re even blessed with the occasional bought of snow!
Here at Piggly Wiggly, we have everything you need to enjoy the colder season comfortably…
- Linen Loft has the cosiest blankets and duvets that will see you through those wintery nights; when all you want to do is to cuddle up in bed with a cup of tea or hot chocolate.
- Speaking about hot chocolate… Chocolate Heaven has their very own hot chocolate mix, and it is a must-try this winter – rich, creamy and delicious. Yum!
- The perfect accompaniment to hot chocolate is of course a good book! Huddy’s Books has you covered, no matter what your taste in books is! Pop in and browse through their big selection – you won’t be disappointed.
- Frankie and Delilah is another shop that you can count on for those winter warmers! They have a lovely selection of quality candles to make your house feel a bit more cosy.
- And if you are really battling to keep the cold out, think about installing a fire place in your home and never worry about the cold again! Fires and Braais has so many options, it really is worth a visit!
- The Little French Shop, formally known as Tour Les Jours, has superior quality pyjamas that will keep you warm and comfortable – so comfy in fact, you’ll want to wear them all day long!
- And if all else fails, warm yourself up from the inside with a good bottle of wine from Meander Fine Wines or Highgate Wine Estate!
- Our restaurants are also guaranteed to help beat the chill! In winter, you will always find a warm fire burning in the coffee shop where you can enjoy a hearty meal or a good cappuccino. If pizza is a firm favourite, pop in to The Pizza Place and watch your pizza being made in a traditional wood fired pizza oven, using only the freshest ingredients! We also have healthier options provided by The Greenery in the form of smoothies, smoothie bowl, health bagel and pressed juices which help fight those wintery colds! Finally, we have a more exclusive dining experience form The Menu, set among the vineyards to provide the perfect setting to a wonderful meal.
- Another way to kick the winter blues is by taking part in one of the many activities we on offer. Candle Dipping is a great way to create something for your home or for the kids to take part in something creative and fun, while Zulu Lulu Art Bar provides a creative space for all ages to explore their artistic side. And if you’re feeling competitive, play a round of mini golf to warm up!